|Country||Account information requests||Percentage where some information produced||Accounts specified|
|Korea, Republic of||1||0%||7|
About the numbers
We received user information requests from 23 different governments during the first half of 2012.
- We notify affected users of requests for their account information unless we’re prohibited.
- More information about user notice is available in our Guidelines for Law Enforcement.
- ‘Accounts specified’ includes the accounts identified in government requests we’ve received, and may include the same account being requested more than once or requests for accounts that do not exist or were misidentified.
- We may not comply with every request for a variety of reasons. For example:
- We do not comply with requests that fail to identify a Twitter user account.
- We may seek to narrow requests that are overly broad.
- In other cases, users may have challenged the requests after we’ve notified them.