|Country||Account information requests||Percentage where some information produced||Accounts specified|
|Korea, Republic of||-||-||-|
About the numbers
We received user information requests from 30 different governments in 2012. During Q3-Q4 2012, we received inquiries from 23 countries with an increase of 160 requests over Q1-Q2.
- We notify affected users of requests for their account information unless we’re prohibited.
- More information about user notice is available in our Guidelines for Law Enforcement.
- ‘Accounts specified’ includes the accounts identified in government requests we have received.
- The total number may include the same account being requested more than once or requests for accounts that do not exist or were misidentified.
- We may not comply with requests for a variety of reasons. For example:
- We do not comply with requests that fail to identify a Twitter account.
- We may seek to narrow requests that are overly broad.
- In other cases, users may have challenged the requests after we’ve notified them.